The town centre's streets were crowded with busy people. But i could not avert my eyes from the blue skies above which turned into shades of yellow, orange and pink when the day grew older. I went to my favourite charity shop that sits on one corner of Head Street and is run by adorable old ladies. As usual i found a few treasures that bring mystery and beauty to the day. I found a set for making recycled paper. I was reminded how my Spanish pen pal and i made beautiful recycled paper in her garden one summer more than ten years ago that we later used to write each other. And i bought an old atlas whose pages i took to wrap gifts in this evening, amazed by the effect and beauty of it. It was fun choosing maps for people, too.

Earlier today, when i was done with my shopping i went to Trinity Street. Su and i stood in front of the church before and i remember Su so well saying just by the sight of it: "This could never be possible in Portugal. A café inside a church!?! ..." So we went to the Arts Café instead. I just chuckled by the memory of this all and turned in this afternoon. I was really hungry. The café is run by young people, a charity, they feature arts projects while the revenue goes to youth projects in Colchester.
I collapsed into a huge green deep and comfy leather couch, rejoicing over soup and a sandwich. A woman joined me in my cozy corner taking the sofa opposite. We started chatting. She was a mom and christmas shopping for her daughter. She told me that her daughter loved arts and was currently crafting gifts for her dear ones while mom was trying to find some gifts for her as well. Overcome by the moment i pulled out the paper-making set and gave it to her. As a gift from a stranger. It made me so happy when she accepted. I love the idea of giving a gift from one stranger to another stranger with a mom as the medium.
What a time in that café and had i not become cold after a while i might have fallen asleep on that couch. Oh, and i put a puzzle together, too. Chose an easy one this time.





No comments:
Post a Comment