I was looking forward to this Advent calendar project and curious how i would cope with the challenge of blogging every day. I was afraid to lack inspiration and also aware that participation would most likely peter out with the days passing. 29 years of life experience taught me that we get busier with each day of Christmas approaching.
That said, i LOVE this project. I love the way i get to connect with you through this blog or as usual behind the black curtain in direct communication. I am grateful for all those great things you are sharing with all of us and that make me learn. I am amazed at how inspiration keeps flying towards me. I catch myself blogging in my mind while somewhere offline. My channels are constantly open to find new inspiration. I have thoughts that i giggle about, but don't get to blog later with the situation past. I am carrying my camera with me, i dig into old projects of mine, i get swept over by memories, i come across creative works by others, get inspired and want to share. And then you post and i get inspired once again.
Today, pondering about the sources of creativity, i was reminded of the work by Nina Paley that i was lucky to discover in San Francisco in the summer of 2010. Nina produced this amazing amazing video which i will not say one more word about. Just watch it the next two minutes and you will see and feel it, too. Turn the volume on, lean back, hit play.
Nina Paley's creative work is so impressive. My favourite project of hers by far is "Sita Sings the Blues". This is an animated film that features incredibly beautiful music by Annette Hanshaw. And don't get me started on raving about the fantastic animations and truly incredible imaginative power behind it all. In the summer of 2010, Nina was touring the US showcasing the movie. She tried to raise funds after the project encountered copyright issues. So she passed through San Francisco.
I do not have a TV ever since i moved out of Mom's in 2001. I am hence helplessly oblivious to TV-related topics. (Just last Saturday at a party i confusedly inquired what the X-Factor was ... to the amused bewilderment of the people around.) Most of the time it is you, dearest readers, who drag me to the cinema and i leave the dark room in deep gratitude for your distinguished tastes in choosing remarkable movies. Without you i would have missed out on many treasures.
Sita Sings the Blues was also shown to me by a dear SF friend. The truth is, this has become one of the few movies that i have seen more than once and am sure to watch again. I have so many scenes that i adore and i really want to make sure you get the chance of enjoying this wonderful work of art, too! You can actually watch it on Youtube, the full 1:21:31 - without interruptions.
That's all!
December 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment