...I flew over Guantanamo almost two weeks ago. Googlenews is now reporting on Obama's current undertakings to close Guantanamo Bay by the end of this week. His first week. I will fly over Guantanamo a second time within 16 days and the camp will be gone inbetween?!?!!
...I was always craving for a job that would make me travel the world. And now traveling for work turns out to be one of the meanest things in life. It produces the cloud of potential that gets stuck right over your head. And there it sits. It fills your soul with dreams and desires, so it creates suffering in the mind. You sit in your hotel, in an office, in an apartment for reasons of work, and outside an entire new world is unfolding and waiting to be excitedly discovered. But you cannot. You will fly home, dreaming of the green coffee plants you did not rest your eyes upon, of the Caribbean indigo beaches you did not stroll along and of small beautiful towns like Cartagena, in whose streets you did not get lost in hopelessly. Once back at home, - oh home, that you miss so wholeheartedly while lost in the middle of nowhere! - I suppose you are tired of leaving again and so you stay exhaustedly. So by the end of it all one may have been around more, but maybe seen and lived less.
...I should have a male dog that jumps at me in my most fertile days. It seems a promising method of contraception.
...If someone does not call or write, there is far more than one possible explanation. Don't start to spend even a single thought on it.
...I have entered the necessary phase of complete linguistical confusion. Anything can come out of my mouth for now. Better ignore the bosh and please pardon my temporary gibberish. I know it will all soon be over. After that any further movement will only be uphill. Ich promèts. ¡De verdad!
...I recently started contemplating about a possible trade-off between human rights work and polluting the environment through flying. If you've ever heard of some function like that, let me know. I currently feel I am carrying too heavy with the daily evidence of human suffering right in front of my very eye and my carbon-footprint lurking from behind.
...Humility is an enviable trait.
January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment