December 12, 2010

Vorfreude,

schönste Freude, im Advent (open separate tabs for background music to this post :).

I wanted to take a break from log-transforming and standardizing variables then slicing them into various types of cluster analysis. i decided on a walk to catch the last rays of sunshine and walked where my feet brought me, sneaking at the map here and there. My attention was finally caught towards CAMVLODVNVM, the Roman town, today known as Abbey Field. It turned out to be a huge grassy plain. I ended up in the town centre, without having planned that in the very beginning. My initial intent at home had been to walk through the fields, always east, along the Colne water. But no, spontaneously, it drew me westward.

In town, all of a sudden i happened onto a Christmas market. I had not expected that great surprise. There were many stalls, some of them selling produce that was made locally here in the area. I was intrigued and happy i had brought some money, choosing X-mas gifts here and there. I am all excited about going home now and distributing the little treasures. It is another one and a half weeks and i look so much forward to it all. Being with family and friends, going offline way into the new year, closing this year and starting the next. I want to take out time and think more fully about 2010 that brought so many changes and new things, ending others.

Coming back home i threw on the candles, made a cup of tea, had a slice of rye-raisin-caraway-seed bread with butter, and an orange, putting up some Christmas music. It helps that mom's self-made Christmas calendar finally got here. It dowsed my room in X-massy atmosphere from 0 to 1 (if you measure it on a dummy scale), and i was able to open 10 little boxes all at once! So much fun, I love being here right now,


happy third advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment