For three days now i have been monitoring current flight statuses for my airline at London Heathrow. I was very positive this morning when all afternoon and evening flights to Berlin were scheduled as foreseen. Now they are cancelled. Heathrow and most of the rest of Western Europe is struggling with 'adverse weather conditions', as they are defined in insurance policies, terms of agreement etc. I am still hopeful to make it home for Christmas in time. My flight is due tomorrow evening! All of the family is looking forward to Christmas eve, preparing gifts, meals etc. My brother is coming home from the south and i look so forward to seeing him after almost a year. I guess i am looking forward to the holidays just as everyone who celebrates Christmas on this planet and enjoys family gatherings. Just by the description of my mom's current kitchen works, my mouth starts watering. I know that thousands are already stuck in Britain, at Heathrow, and i feel with them, because in comparison to them i am lucky enough to be waiting and hoping cozy and warm at home.
Adverse as these weather conditions might be, it is so beautiful.
Wish me luck! I am out for a walk now. No need not to enjoy for the time being.
December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I hope weather changes and you can go Home for Christmas
ReplyDelete