Oh my, lately I am reading and working so much on Chechnya, I am getting interested in actually seeing the place... In fact, the Russian government just declared the official end of its 'counter-terrorism operation'. Thank god. Also, there is no Lonely Planet on Chechnya yet... Anyone want to go and explore with me this fall? It just does not feel right to be working on a region for all these couple of years now without ever having seen the place in real.
When you google 'chechnya travel' you come across pages like "20 of the world's most dangerous places", "10 Countries You're Most Likely To Get Kidnapped In"...
Artemiy Lebedev was there in 2007 and his pictures are great, see
Grozny and
Gudermes, though I somehow do not like the tone of his comments.
I just so wish THEY will now have a better future! Playful and safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment